How to choose your electric wires and cables?
An electrical wire is mainly have conductive core, stiff or supple, which is coated with an insulator. The core can be copper, nickel-plated copper or nickel (white metal). An electrical cable consists of more than a few insulated wires connected in a single or double protective sheath .One can buy from water proof cable supplier.
The higher the intensity, the larger the section.
- 10 A: 1.5 mm²
- 16 – 20 A: 2.5 mm²
- 32 A: 6 mm²
There are larger sections (10, 16, 25 mm²) for electrical meter / subscriber circuit breaker connections, earthling, and the connection of a dependency. Grounding is legally connected with a braided cable, bear (not insulated).
Good to know
Each line must be protected by a divisional circuit breaker with a rating appropriate to the intensity of operation. From custom wire manufacturer one can find high quality wires. It also requires a separate line to power electric heaters.
Respect the colors
Generally, dwellings are most often served by single-phase alternating current (230 V). In this case, the current is brought by a phase conductor (Ph) and returned to the central by a second called neutral conductor (N). Making the earth protect the whole fitting.
Every type of wire or cable is recognized by a consistent color:
- Unbiased: blue.
- Soil: yellow/green striped.
- Stage: red or any other color (black, brown) except the previous ones.
- The three-phase (400 V) operates with 3 phases + 1 neutral (plus the ground wire).
Good to know
For shuttle wires of a back and forth or remote switch, it is necessary to use a different color such as purple for example.
Families of drivers and codes
Each type of driver is named by a series of letters and numbers corresponding to his characteristics.
Electric wires and cables for fixed installations and wiring of electrical panels:
Good to know
These cables can be attached directly to the walls using jumpers, walk as they are in crawl spaces and metal frames. Their cladding is mandatory in case of wall penetrations or recessed installation.
The cable -report armed
- Ensures the connection between the electrical box of the operator and the house.
- It provides information to read the meter without entering the home.
- Wires and cables for domestic installations :
- Flexible cables that usually connect devices to jacks.
- H03VVF / H05VVF:
- VV: PVC insulation wires and outer casing.
- 03: up to 1 mm² (2 wires).